Rafael J. Argüello (Patagonia, Argentina). During his PhD at the University of Buenos Aires, he worked identifying early immunological markers of treatment efficacy patients with Chagas disease and HIV. In 2013, he moved to France to study protein synthesis regulation in Dendritic cells, in the lab of Philippe Pierre at the CIML. As postdoc, he used his original training in molecular biology, flow cytometry and immunology to develop and publish original methods to investigate protein synthesis and metabolism ex-vivo. After his postdoctoral stay, in 2018 Rafael worked as invited research specialist at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) in the laboratory of Max Krummel lab to work on “human immunometabolism and Cancer”. In 2019, he obtained a tenured researchers position at the CNRS and came back to the CIML. Envisioning the use of SCENITH as a personalized medicine tool to address clinically relevant questions he created a website and stablished an international network of collaborations to apply this method in multiple physiological and physio-pathological contexts (https://www.scenith.com/collaborative-network). Since 2019, he has been awarded many grants including an Emergence grant, CoPoC, ECOS-Sud (2021-2023 France-Argentina) and the ¨ANR – young researcher award¨ of the French National Research Agency grant (2020-2024). In 2021, he was awardee of the Marylou Ingram scholar leadership program (2021-2024) of the international society for the advancement of cytometry (ISAC) and obtained the “Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Paper of the Year award” from Society for Leukocyte Biology.
2005 – Present: Founder and organizer of the Immune dinners (twitter @inmunocenas)
2009 – Present: Active member of Expedición Ciencia educational non-profit organization for science camps.
2020 – Present: Creator of the “World Wide Immuno” community for dissemination of online seminars (twitter @wwimmuno)
Underwater hockey, Kitesurfing, Flyfishing.
- Argüello RJ@*, Combes AJ, Char R, Bousiquot E, Gigan JP, Camosseto V, Samad B, Tsui J, Yan P, Boissonneau S, Figarella-Branger D.F, Tabouret E, Gatti E, Krummel MF, Pierre P. SCENITH: A flow cytometry based method for functional profiling energy metabolism with single cell resolution. Cell Metabolism. 2020 *lead author.
- Reverendo M, Argüello RJ, Polte C, Valečka J, Camosseto V, Auphan-Anezin N, Ignatova Z, Gatti E, Pierre P. Polymerase III transcription is necessary for T cell priming by dendritic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2019
- Argüello RJ@, Reverendo M, Mendes A, Camosseto V, Torres AG, Ribas de Pouplana L, van de Pavert SA, Gatti E, Pierre P@. SunRiSE - measuring translation elongation at single-cell resolution by means of flow cytometry. J Cell Sci. 2018
- Wulff TF*, Argüello RJ*, Molina Jordàn M, Roura Frigolé H, Hauquier G, Filonava L, Camacho N, Gatti E, Pierre P, Ribas de Pouplana L, Torres AG. Detection of a Subset of Posttranscriptional Transfer RNA Modifications in Vivo with a Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism-Based Method. Biochemistry. 2017
- Dalet A*, Argüello RJ*, Combes A, Spinelli L, Jaeger S, Fallet M, Vu Manh T-PT, Mendes A, Perego J, Reverendo M, Camosseto V, Dalod M, Weil T, Santos MA, Gatti E, Pierre P. Protein synthesis inhibition and GADD34 control IFN-β heterogeneous expression in response to dsRNA. The EMBO Journal. 2017 Mar 15 ;36(6):761–82