Department of Paediatric Hematology / Oncology,
2nd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague,
Department of Paediatric Hematology/Oncology, Second Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
I am currently a Professor at the Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Charles University in Prague, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Czech Republic. I graduated MD in 2000 from the 2nd Medical School, Charles University Prague and started my research and diagnostic carrier in Prague (leukemia diagnostics and biology) and continued on a postdoctoral fellowship at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA (immune reconstitution post-BMT). I received PhD from Immunology in 2005. I was awarded "ISAC Scholar" in 2010. I am a vice-president of Czech Society for Analytical Cytometry, former ISAC Council member and ISAC Life Education Task Force member; I am a member of Human Cell Differentiation Molecules council. Throughout my career I have been working with various flow cytometry based techniques (leukemia phenotyping, minimal residual disease monitoring, immune monitoring, immunodeficiency, bead-based affinity proteomics, algorithmic data analysis). I am a founding member of EuroFlow consortium where I am responsible for coordination of the technical aspects, design of flow cytometry procedures and Quality Assesment. I have authored over 100 research publications, delivered 40 invited lectures and lectured numerous educational workshops.
- Kalina T. Reproducibility of Flow Cytometry Through Standardization: Opportunities and Challenges. Cytometry A. 2020 Feb;97(2):137-147.
- Kalina T, Bakardjieva M, Blom M, et al EuroFlow Standardized Approach to Diagnostic Immunopheneotyping of Severe PID in Newborns and Young Children. Front Immunol. 2020 Mar 19;11:371.
- Kalina T, Fišer K, Pérez-Andrés M, et al. CD Maps-Dynamic Profiling of CD1-CD100 Surface Expression on Human Leukocyte and Lymphocyte Subsets. Front Immunol. 2019 Oct 23;10:2434
- Kalina T; Flores-Montero, J; Lecrevisse, Q; et al.Quality Assessment Program for EuroFlow Protocols: Summary Results of Four-Year (2010-2013) Quality Assurance Rounds, Cytometry A 2015: 87A, 2 ; 145-156
- Kalina T.; Flores-Montero, J.; Van Der Velden, V.H.J.; et al. EuroFlow standardization of flow cytometer instrument settings and immunophenotyping protocols, Leukemia 2012, 26 , 9; 1986-2010