Immunophenotyping Department, Specialist Integrated Haematological Malignancy Diagnostics Service (SIHMDS), NHS East and South East London Pathology Partnership. Hosted by Barts Health NHS Trust.
Timothy is the Head of Immunophenotyping, NHS ESELPP (Hosted by Barts Health NHS Trust); and Honorary Senior Lecturer in Haemato-Oncology, Queen Mary University of London. He is dual registered as both a Clinical and Biomedical Scientist with a haematology background. He has worked both in the NHS and Higher Education Sector for the past 19 years. After completing a PhD in Clinical Haemato-Oncology in 2013 at the University of London under Dr Samir Agrawal in Professor Gribben’s laboratory, he took up his current position within the Specialist Integrated Haematological Malignancy Diagnostics Service (SIHMDS), providing leukaemia and lymphoma diagnostics and monitoring for a population in excess of 3.75 million. Having worked both on the ward and in the laboratory setting, he has gained a strong insight and understanding of clinical haematology and medical practice within NHS institutions, as well as having a wealth of experience in translational and clinical science. In addition, Timothy sits on the UKNEQAS Leucocyte Immunophenotyping Steering Committee and the British Society for Haematology (BSH) Laboratory Special Interest Group (SIG) incorporating both benign and malignant laboratory haematology.
- SIHMDS and haematological malignancy: successes and challenges.
Tom Butler and Tim Farren The Bulletin of the Royal College of Pathologists (2021); Number 196 October 2021; 476-479.
- Highly Sensitive and Accurate Assessment of Minimal Residual Disease in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Using the Novel CD160-ROR1 Assay.
Timothy W. Farren, Kaushik S. Sadanand and Samir G. Agrawal Frontiers in Oncology (2020); 10:597730. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2020.597730
- Increased autocrine IL-6 production is significantly associates with worse clinical outcome in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia.
Wang H-Q, Jia, L, Farren T, Agrawal SG, and Liu FT. J Cell Physiol. (2019); 1-13 https://doi.org/10.1002.jcp.28086
- STAT3 and NF-κB cooperatively control in vitro spontaneous apoptosis and poor chemo-responsiveness in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
Liu FT, Jia L, Wang P, Wang H, Farren TW, Agrawal SG Oncotarget (2016); 7:32031-32045
- CD126 and targeted therapy with Tocilizumab in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.
Fengting Liu, Li Jia, Ping Wang, Timothy Farren, Hong Li, Xishan Hao, and Samir G Agrawal Clinical Cancer Research (2016); May 15;22 (10): 2462-9
- Minimal Residual Disease Detection With tumour specific CD160 Correlates With event free survival In Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia. Timothy W. Farren, Jerome Giustiniani, Mariam Fanous, Fengting Liu, Marion G. Macey, Faith Wright, Archie Prentice, Amit Nathwani and Samir G. Agrawal Blood Cancer Journal (2015) 5, e273; doi:10.1038/bcj.2014.92